Monday, November 30, 2009

Mongrel Dog Audio Guitar Puppy















Mongrel Dog Audio is more about Hi-Fi audio gear than guitar amps. But in this case I made an exception. Here is my version of the Fender Champ 5F1. I Incorporated a lot of the components of the early amp builds by using cotton coated tinned copper single core wire, carbon resistors, valve rectification,vintage 12AX7 valve, vintage 6V6 Black Glass and 5Y3 rectification tube.

To this I added an effects loop, a choke and much larger filtering caps. And a nice touch was the two original Jupiter bees wax and paper, hand made, inter-stage caps.

I called the amp "Mongrel Dog Audio Guitar Puppy". Though low wattage, through sensitive PA drivers, it delivers a lot of sound. The highs are bright and the lows full powered and gutsy. It over-drives well delivery a rich full sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment